#BiofilmAware Photography Competitions
Both competitions are now open and will run until midnight on Monday 31 May 2021.
Amazon gift cards will be awarded to first, second and third place in both competitions. Details of these prizes can be found below. Read our press release.
Biofilms in Real Life – #BiofilmsIRL
Who can enter: members of the public, researchers, academics, students and amateur photographers.
Due to the pandemic many of us are at home for long periods of time, so this is a unique chance to get creative and explore biofilms in our everyday environments.
Biofilms in the Lab - #BiofilmsInTheLab
Who can enter: researchers, scientists, any anyone who has access to a microscope or imaging equipment.
This is a great opportunity for scientists and researchers to creatively showcase their cutting-edge research.
A diverse panel of judges will review the biofilm photos and take into account creativity, originality, composition, imagination used, scientific value and the overall artistic impression.
There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize for each competition.
- 1st prize: £500 Amazon gift card
- 2nd prize: £250 Amazon gift card
- 3rd prize: £125 Amazon gift card
- You must be over 18 years of age to enter.
- You must have been involved in the production of the image and have secured permission (from all the other parties) to enter.
- NBIC operational teams and board members are unable to enter.
- Prizes can only be made available for UK residents.
- The competition deadline is Monday 31 May 2021 at 5pm.
- Both colour and monochrome images will be accepted.
- Images on websites and social media can potentially be shared and viewed throughout the world and not just in the United Kingdom and some overseas countries may not provide the same level of protection to the rights of individuals as EU/UK legislation provides.
- Prizes can only be made available for UK residents, but international participants are encouraged to use the hashtags #BiofilmsIRL or #BiofilmsInTheLab, and #BiofilmAware to support our campaign and raise their own professional profiles.
- Participants can enter multiple photographs, please use a separate form for each entry.
If you require any further information or have any questions about this competition please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org