EI Innovate 2020: From Identification to Intervention, 17-19th November 2020
Developing solutions to global issues with Earlham Institute (EI)’s advanced capabilities and expertise in genomics and bioinformatics – improving global food security, environmental management, conservation, health and disease targeting.
Registration deadline: 8 November 2020
Start date: 17 November 2020
End date: 19 November 2020
Time: 09h30 – 15h30 via Zoom and Meeting Mojo
Having worked with agri-food, biotech and med-tech sectors, EI have a wealth of experience in collaborating with others on developing potential solutions to industrial and societal challenges.
Going virtual this year, EI Innovate will showcase EI’s expertise and capabilities across 3 select areas :
- Disease identification and monitoring – how genomics and bioinformatics are used for disease identification and monitoring, from COVID-19, to AMR to agricultural pathogens.
- Finding a needle in a haystack – Identifying specific targets in health and disease with long read RNA and single cell sequencing.
- Accelerating plant breeding with next generation genetics, genomics and epigenetics.
EI will be sharing examples of existing collaborations and use it as a chance to explore new opportunities. There will also be a chance for participants to promote their work with lightning pitches, and participate in 1-to-1 meetings to network further.
Who is this event for?
EI Innovate brings together a range of sectors to discuss current advances and challenges in their field; from academic researchers to businesses in agri-food, biotech and med-tech sectors, The event is relevant for organisations involved in:
- Plant breeding and plant biotech
- Development of public health diagnostics tools and techniques
- Identification of therapeutic targets for human disease characterisation
- Development of digital healthcare & diagnostics for precision medicine
It will also be of interest to:
- Repositories of biological materials
- Funders of life science innovation and adjacent technologies
- Developers of instrumentation, tools, products and services
What will you get out of the event?
- Find out about specific areas of EI’s expertise and technological platforms
- Make new contacts and discuss potential ideas for collaboration
- Discuss the latest advances and solutions within these fields
- Learn about how to access EI’s capabilities from genomics pipelines, bioinformatics tools and high-performance computing to training courses.
For a list of speakers and to view the full programme, please visit the EI website.
For enquiries, please contact Business.Development@Earlham.ac.uk