EI Innovate 2021: Linking datasets and bioscience, 17th – 18th November 2021
Date: 17-18 November 2021
Venue: Virtual Platform Zoom by Earlham Institute
Registration deadline: 14 November 2021
This annual event aims to explore opportunities for collaboration between the Earlham Institute and external organisations. Having worked with agri-food, biotech and med-tech sectors, we have a wealth of experience in collaborating with others on developing potential solutions to industrial and societal challenges.
This year the online EI Innovate 2021 event will showcase examples of collaborations across 3 research institutes on the Norwich Research Park, Earlham Institute, John Innes Centre, and Quadram Institute, which are strategically funded by UKRI to deliver innovative, world-class bioscience research and training, leading to wealth and job creation, generating high returns for the UK economy.
Each year, we focus on specific areas of expertise and examples of our collaborations. The theme of EI Innovate 2021 is “Linking datasets and Bioscience” and we will explore how data-driven approaches can unlock new biological understanding and development of new technologies and applications across 3 different areas:
- 17 November Session 1 – Natural products & biomanufacturing – exploring how synthetic biology and data-driven approaches can facilitate the discovery of new bioactive compounds and develop biomanufacturing platforms based on plant.
- 17 November Session 2- AI in plant science – exploring how AI and ML tools and techniques can help with the understanding of many biological functions in plants that underline important economic traits such as resistance to pathogens, nutrient utilisation, and structural development.
- 18 November Session 3 – Omics approaches to study the human gut microbiome – exploring how bioinformatics, systems biology and machine learning approaches can be used for advanced microbiome analysis and to facilitate personalised microbiome treatments, identification of novel biomarkers and pathogens, and antimicrobial resistant features of our microbiota.
Who is this event for?
EI Innovate brings together a range of sectors to discuss current advances and challenges in their field; from academic researchers to businesses in agri-food, biotech and med-tech sectors, to clinicians and pharma sector. It will also be of interest to funders of life science innovation and adjacent technologies, and developers of instrumentation, tools, products and services for genomics and bioinformatics.
What can you get out of the event?
- Find out about specific areas of EI’s expertise and technological platforms
- Make new contacts and discuss potential ideas for collaboration
- Discuss the latest advances and solutions within these fields
- Learn about how to access EI’s capabilities in genomics, bioinformatics and high-performance computing, and learn about our bespoke scientific training courses.
Visit the Earlham Institute website to find out more and sign up.