NBIC and India Bioifilms Society Symposium
We have recently connected with the newly formed India Biofilm Society with the goal of better connecting the UK and India biofilms communities. We’re pleased to report that our first series of joint NBIC and India Biofilms Society symposiums took place in September and were a complete success. We saw an amazing diversity of work and many opportunities for collaborations. You can watch the full meetings here if you were unable to attend originally.
Following on from the success of our last series, we will be holding another webinar from 10:30am – 12:00pm, UK time, on Saturday 13 February 2021.
Our goal is to find ways to connect and link the two research communities’ for mutual benefit and in order to explore possible collaborations and joint grant applications between researchers. There will be a series of 10-minute presentations from both India and UK based scientists – each providing an overview of their areas and expertise.
Schedule (times tbc)
- The role and control of the alternative oxidase in Candida biofilm formation – Anthony Moore, University of Sussex
- Understanding and harnessing bacterial population behaviours – Chien-Yi Chang, Newcastle University
- Development and testing of 3D printed biofilm bioreactors for biotransformation reactions – Selva M Athi Narayanan, University of Edinburgh
- Marine Biofilms on Manmade Surfaces – Maria Salta, University of Portsmouth
- Survival games that biofilm cells play – Chakravarthy Srinandan, SASTRA Deemed University, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu, India
- Biofilms and Antimicrobial resistance in enteric pathogens – Vijaya Kumar Deekshit, Nitte University Centre for Science Education and Research, Mangaluru
- Riverine environmental biofilms as a tool to river health monitoring: A case from global biodiversity hotspots – Karthick Balasubramanian, Agharkar Research Institute
If you are interested in joining the symposium to watch insights from NBIC and India Biofilms scientists please contact us to register your interest and we will provide you with the Zoom webinar link (and a full agenda once finalised).