MicroBattle: A New Microbiology Themed Card Game
The MicroBattle Project was funded by our NBIC Public Engagement Grant 2020-2021.
MicroBattle (µB) is a microbiology themed competitive card game with the aim to win battles of simulated microbial biofilm growth against your opponent. You can choose from many microbes (in the form of Microbe Cards) and many growth conditions (in the form of Battle Cards) and customize your path to victory.
The Aim of the Game
Take it in turns to reach 15 biofilm growth counters for your microbe before your opponent (2-4 players). A game has three “Battles” – with the best of 3 Battles determining the winner.
To Play the Game:
- Download the Zip folder above containing the necessary files.
- Consult the Guidebook for details on rules and how to play.
- Construct your own MicroBattle Deck using the image files and template within (or use one of the premade card packs).
- Print out your deck(s).
- Cut and assemble the cards.
- Play in person, remotely or against yourself.