Call for 2023 NBIC Collaborative Training Partnerships Project Proposals
The NBIC Industrial Advisory Board CTP PhD programme is a doctoral training programme directed at industrial research challenges and delivered by consortia led by NBIC industry partners in collaboration with NBIC member research organisations.
This call will support five studentships, starting in October 2023.
The proposed PhD projects will be assessed against criteria related to how well they address:
- NBIC’s interventional themes of biofilm Prevention, Detection, Management and Engineering (PDME) and leading-edge frontier and applied bioscience challenges relevant to BBSRC’s remit and strategy as well as relevance to the industry challenges and needs.
- Provision of the support and challenge to develop multidisciplinary skills and capabilities demanded by industry in executing the project.
- Provision of rich and rewarding placements which develop both the soft and hard skills to prepare the graduate student for the setting of working with/in industry.
The studentships will be allocated by the NBIC CTP through a competitive process. Each project will undergo evaluation by the NBIC’s Industry Advisory Board (for projects involving industry) and Executive Management Board.
Please, see the NBIC CTP Guidance for Applicants & Working Application Form for further information on Scope, Eligibility and Assessment Criteria.
How to Apply
- Prior to application, please download and read the call information documents below.
- All applications must be submitted via the application portal
- Please do not send us your application form via email as we will not be able to process it through to the review stage.
- Applications must be submitted by 23:59 UK time on Friday 7 October 2022.
We have also included guidance and working templates for your reference:
- 28 July 2022: Call opens
- 7 October 2022: Closing date
- 21 October, 18 November 2022: Panel review and outcome notification
- December 2022 – May 2023: Successful applicants recruit for students
- October 2023: Studentship starts
Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding the application and the use of the portal.